September 12, 2010

Destroyed subway and rebuilt friend

September 12, 29484 Rubi-Ka Universal Time



I received my orders from the Agency to enter the condemned Subway system that lay beneath Rubi-Ka and eradicate some less then welcome visitors. After some quick adjustments on my metallic friend, we entered the through the sliding door and we began out mission.

Right in the first hallway, these yellow fleas were infesting piles of garbage. Freaked me out to see such huge insects, though i heard of bigger from the professors back at school. It wasn't long till I ran into some workers that didn't look to kindly to me entering the construction site that was deeper with in.


After a few altercations, I was able to collect some scrap steel and some electrical parts from around the docking area, when I met this nanomage that studied in the art of nanomanipulation, known on Rubi-Ka as a Nano Technician. He was very nice guy and ended up covering each other as we made out way deeper into the subway.



As we made our way though, we ended up in the lower sewer area beneath the subway itself. The smell was horrendous as was the unlikely inhabitants. The area was swarmed with mutated  beings, mumbling and walking in tattered clothes. I wanted to just turn around and head back, but I was too hungry to give up that many credits. I forged along with my new friend and slowly but surely cleared the area of the mutated threat... Until we ran into this... "Thing": would be correct... I think.


I never in my life was as scared as I was when this thing came from the ditch it was sleeping in. The NT, My Bot and myself struggled with this monstrosity as it sent all of us for a loop. I almost passed out when i was hit with one of those mourning stars on it hands. Thankfully "Clutch" came in and distracted it till i could get on my feet and hide. I cant say the same for my poor bot. a couple swings and the poor thing dropped it its knees, his parts falling out of its casing. It was then I realizes what the professors told me in school about how your robot companion will grow to become part of you. It wasn't long until my custom pistol as well as the NT's nukes as he calls them, took the monster down and out.

My Datapad beeped through as the Agency received word that the subway was cleared... How they knew, i could only fathom to think. For my reimbursement, they wired me my credits as agreed upon and  offered a new chassis shell for my poor Clutch at a reduced cost. Here is a pic of him. He is so cute!


So I must say, it was a something else to go into the subway, not knowing what lied ahead of me and overcame adversity at the most lowest of time. If I learned anything, it is that i ask for more details when i pick up a mission from Freelancer Inc. ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment