September 16, 2010

Da Beer needs wine pt. 2


September 14, 29484 Rubi-Ka Universal Time.

The first hallway was a tad quiet for my enjoyment and i pushed on, only to be greeted by a very volatile parishioner. The words he was spouting were not of any dialect i could think of let alone what my Datapad could decipher. The Cultist got more angry, brandishing a longsword and pointed it in my direction. Well they must be blind worshipers cause Clutch was not a happy camper about me being threatened with a weapon.

After the unfortunate demise of that crazy wench, i continued my way into the temple, hearing more chanting of this unknown language from that last encounter. As I made it to the end of the hallway, i looked up to see a most terrifying sight.




Was it one of there clergymen? One of Dante's party friends from the kegger? What if it was an unexpected explorer?

*gulp*

I was best to keep on my toes as I managed to make my way into a bigger room populated by many cultists. I worked my way hugging the back wall, but Clutch in all his glory, decided it was a perfect time to have his VCS fail again, emitting a horrendous screech that got all of the cultists attention. If you could of heard the silence right before they charged me, you would of been freaked out! After Clutch and myself dispatched the cultists as well as a white and brown robed officer, i found what i was looking for, the red berry wine! Excited i loaded up my bags with what i could, but unbeknown to me, a bigger threat also heard my bots clumsiness.


It was that "Clawed" monster that Dante explained to me about back at the bar. It breathed heavily and was floating, its hands waving slowly back and forth. It let out a piercing scream that made me have to cover my ears as to hope my brain didn't explode or something. Clutch got right to work as did I, riddling the monster with slugs, but it seemed that they had little effect. It wasn't long till he was right on top of me.


This was looking like the subway as it tossed me across the room, my side taking the impact of the pillar closest to me. Clutch continued to try and grab the monster attention, but the thing was dead set on what it wanted.  It wasn't long before the last thing i remembered was this giant ball of fire that flew my way and everything went white.


I awoke at one of the Reclaim centers that are posted all over Rubi-Ka. I tried to shake off the feeling that the process of cloning gives soon after release, but its not that forgiving. Vision blurry, equilibrium shot, i managed to warp Clutch to my location, his body badly beaten and in need of repair. With some time i made it back to Neuters 'R' Us and to the company of Dante and handed him the bottle of wine. He paid me a good amount of credits and asked if I could get him another. I told him were to shove it and made my way back to West Athens.

I need some rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment